No Limits Software announces subscription-based pricing for RaMP DCIM
No Limits Software announces a new subscription-based pricing model for their RaMP DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) solution. The new pricing model will allow customers to quickly realize the benefits of a full-scale DCIM solution without the large capital outlay required for most data center management solutions and will also continually adjust to their changing data center infrastructure.
The RaMP DCIM solution provides data center management from the virtual machine to the IT infrastructure (servers, blades, storage, network) to the Facilities infrastructure (power, cooling, security, environmental monitoring). RaMP’s auto-discovery allows customers to be up and running in hours rather than months, significantly reducing the time and cost for collecting the asset configuration data while also improving the accuracy by 10-15%. The intuitive user interface reduces training time. RaMP also provides software and operating system license management, state of the art workflow management to manage tasks, and contract and cost management for all assets.
RaMP’s new subscription-based pricing model is $1 per asset per month, where an asset is a physical device – such as a server, UPS, PDU, network switch, and so on – or a virtual machine. All assets will be prorated based on their actual management, so if customers add 100 assets in the middle of the month, they would only be billed for half of the monthly cost for those assets. This allows customers to grow and shrink without having to worry about overpaying for the license.
One-time licenses based on the number of devices or the number of cabinets, as well as enterprise pricing for larger customers, will still be available.
The RaMP DCIM solution provides the following benefits:
- Auto-discovery of detailed device information
- Power and environmental monitoring down to the device level
- Server monitoring to identify servers which could be retired, virtualized or consolidated
- Software and operating system license management
- Lease, warranty, and service contract maintenance
- Asset cost tracking
- Automated change management to reduce MTTR and increase availability
- Web services API for integration with other systems
- PUE, DCiE and CADE energy management calculations
- Accurate capacity planning data to reduce stranded power and shutdown risks
- Device type roll-up views for an easy way to quickly compare device performance
- Visual workflow and task management